[PlanetCCRMA] Problem installing ccrma fedora 4

Tue Oct 25 13:18:01 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 11:12 -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 16:39 +0200, Rainer Sus wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I tried to install the fine thing called planetccrma fedora 4 on my machine (AMD).
> > I run into trouble at the point where  the packages should be installed on my disk.
> > There is an error message:
> > "an error occured unmounting the CD. Please make sure you're not accessing /mn/source from the shell on tty2 an then klick ok to retry."
> > Unfortunately I could do nothing to make the install process going on.
> > I tried a mediacheck an the Test passed, so the media seems to be ok.
> > Has anybody an idea whats going on? (or maybe the same problem?)
> >
> > PS: I installed Fedora 4 without any problems on the same machine and it works fine.
> >
> > Well, every hint will be appreciated.
> >
> > Greetings and thanks
>
> Which disk exactly are you using to try to install?

[he's using the experimental Planet CCRMA FC4 based one-dvd install]

Hmm, I have not seen this problem before.

The installer seems to be pointing to something still using the cd when
it tries to unmount it. You could switch to a text console at that point
and try to find out what's going on. If you press <ctrl><alt> F1 through
F5 you can access all the available (during install) consoles
F3 will give you a root prompt, if you type "mount" at that point you
should see what filesystems are mounted.

If, as you say, you can install FC4 you could try installing Planet
CCRMA on top of it with apt. The DVD itself is apt-enabled and should be
recognized by apt-cdrom as a valid media with apt metadata.

-- Fernando