[PlanetCCRMA] sooperlooper issue

Die Spamer diespamer@comcast.net
Sun Oct 23 19:31:01 2005

Greets,

I apologize if this is a Q that has been answered. I have searched all over and have downloaded the mail archive and have not seen anything on it.

I have been very successful using many tools from ccrma (ecasound, alsamodsynth, fluidsynth, to name a few) in fc1 but sooperlooper is not working for me.

I fire up jack with qjackctl. Upon firing up slqui, I see

	a) the slgui GUI, then
	b) "129:sooperlooper_1" in both qackctl's "Writable Clients/Input Ports"
	and "Readable Clients/Output Ports" windows, but then
	c) the "129:sooperlooper_1" goes away in both windows, then
	d) the slgui GUI eventuall gets the error "Lost connection to
	SooperLooper engine. See pref->conn to start a new one" but
	e) upon "connecting to start a new engine" the same thing happens.

Now, if I fire up sooperlooper first

	a) "129:sooperlooper_1" in both qackctl's "Writable Clients/Input Ports"
	and "Readable Clients/Output Ports" windows, but then
	c) firing up slqui gives the same results as above.

Finally, running sooperlooper in gdb and firing up slgui gives "Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault".

I apologize if I simply missed the solution in my searches. I am willing to compile but would prefer to simply use the rpms. I assume it SHOULD be working since it is available for fc1.

Thanks for any time spent in response.

-Davis