[PlanetCCRMA] re: re: point of view

vincent hure vincenthure@mac.com
Thu Oct 20 03:18:01 2005

thank to luis and mark

1/ I try to compile xjadeo ( I don't find rpm ) and get this message

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ldc1394_control
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [xjadeo] Erreur 1

Why it's not in CCRMA package?

2/ Yes commercial editing softs don't have open file format like ardour,
but they all give you bridge to communicate with other one. I know OMF
below to avid, it's not so open as it said, but people use it ,and now
it work quite good. It's not a perfect world but we have to do with
it.If ardour can't import (and export ) OMF file ,it will bee outside
the audio pro production.

3/  jack-udp and jack-osc look very powerfull.

Cheers,

vincent