[PlanetCCRMA] point of view

Mark Knecht markknecht@gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 07:24:00 2005

On 10/19/05, vincent hure <vincenthure@mac.com> wrote:
> 1/ Jack can synchronise differents softs on the same computer, but is it
> possible to synchronise differents softs on seperate computers?

With the right hardware, yes. Use two RME HDSP cards, for instance.
Make one machine the master machine and set your sample rate when you
start Jack. Make the second machine the slave. Tell that machine to
use the incoming clock on an ADAT or spdif line coming from the first
computer. The two machines are now sample sync'ed.

I lock 4 devices this way. ( 3 computers and an external A/D/D/A. )

Hope this helps.

- Mark