[PlanetCCRMA] PlanetCCRMA vs the mainstream

Tom Poe tompoe@studioforrecording.org
Tue Oct 18 14:00:07 2005

--------------030704030509090302040701

Gregory Maxwell offered the following on 10/18/2005 02:17 PM:
- - - snip - - -
> What would eventually be really useful is an knoppixized (on DVD I
> suspect) of planetccrma. Hardware support might make turning that into
> more than a wish difficult... but if we could provide a bootable CD
> with Jack+ardour+effects+softsynths and a few tutorial videos and get
> a magazine to ship it.. wow. :)

I like the idea.  Of course, I'm biased.  Our group decided to put out
an actual PC loaded with CCRMA.  The computer is donated, and so the
cost is zero dollars.  The question then, became, how do we identify
"champions" in communities to set up the PC and make it available for
residents of the community?  We're hoping the day comes, when there's a
distribution solution through some community organization like Chambers
of Commerce, or some church, or other entity that would help spearhead
such a movement.  Any ideas?
Tom

--
Open Studios, Charles City, Iowa, USA
www.ibiblio.org/studioforrecording/

--------------030704030509090302040701

begin:vcard
fn:Tom Poe
n:Poe;Tom
org:Open Studios
adr:;;510 15th Avenue;Charles City;IA;50616;USA
email;internet:tompoe@studioforrecording.org
title:Director
tel;work:641-228-3271
tel;home:641-228-3271