[PlanetCCRMA] PlanetCCRMA vs the mainstream

Jonathan Segel jsegel@magneticmotorworks.com
Tue Oct 18 10:31:01 2005

On Oct 16, 2005, at 12:00 PM, planetccrma-request@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
wrote:

>>> thanks for the positive feedback. I hope the secretarial work
>>> done by me
>>> helps linux audio to become more and more main stream.

sadly, an article on the current state of Linux Audio that I wrote
this past summer for Electronic Musician Magazine was just killed.
the editors seemed to think that not enough was "new" since alan
metts' article on planet-ccrma from jan 2004, and that only 1% of
their readers used linux anyway. (well, if you only publish one
article on it every few years...)
i've been arguing with them for the past few days.

Jonathan Segel                 4014 Brookdale Ave. Oakland, CA 94619
jsegel@magneticmotorworks.com <-----> magsatellite@yahoo.com