[PlanetCCRMA] Whysynth and Smack compile problems

Nigel Henry cave.dnb@tiscali.fr
Mon Oct 17 15:22:01 2005

On Monday 17 October 2005 06:26, Matthew Radey wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-10-16 at 18:59 +0000, Nigel Henry wrote:
> > Hi Mathew. Thanks for the info. With liblo-devel installed by apt-get I
> > now can run ./configure to completion on FC2 & FC3. On FC2, make runs ok
> > and then make install installs whysynth so that I can start it off the
> > command line once jack is started from qjackctl. Theres still a problem
> > on FC3 though, as make stops with errors, as below.
> >
> > checking MODULE_LIBS... -llo -lpthread
> > configure: creating ./config.status
> > config.status: creating Makefile
> > config.status: creating src/Makefile
> > config.status: creating config.h
> > config.status: config.h is unchanged
> > config.status: executing depfiles commands
> > [root@localhost whysynth-20051005]# make
> > cd . && /bin/sh /home/djmons/Whysynth/whysynth-20051005/missing --run
> > aclocal-1.7
> > aclocal: configure.ac: 32: macro `AM_PATH_GTK' not found in library
> > make: *** [aclocal.m4] Error 1
> >
> > I'm not sure what to make of this, but at least I've got whysynth working
> > on FC2. I'm not pushing the Smack drum machine problem and it's "om" and
> > "omins" deps at the moment. I tried "om" again and it's complaining that
> > it needs a later version of liblo, "0.22", and only version "0.18-1" is
> > on FC2 and FC3. Thanks again for the help. Nigel.
>
> You may need to install gtk+-devel on your FC3 machine. I'm running FC4
> so I can't say for sure.
>

> Matthew

Hi Mathew. Thanks for the help. Added gtk++-devel, which also wanted
glib-devel. Still no change when running ./configure. Tracey Hytry also
replied, and I've sent some info back to her. I think this is going more into
a compiler problem, and perhaps is better not to be on the planetccrma list.
Nigel.