[PlanetCCRMA] Playing DVDs on FC4

Mark Knecht markknecht@gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 14:35:02 2005

On 10/12/05, Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@tiscali.fr> wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 October 2005 19:39, Robert Jonkman wrote:
> > Totem doesn't seem to be able to play DVDs--for what I could find it's a
> > problem with xine-lib or gstream.  Has anyone found a solution for
> > playing DVDs?  I couldn't seem to get VLC working either--I even tried
> > the Windows version.
> >
> > BTW, thank for the aqualung recommendation.  Works pretty good.
>
> Hi Robert. Nice to know you can now play MP3's. Another couple of apps that
> work are gqmpeg that I have on Debian, and notice that Gentoo has this on the
> list too. (that was for Mark).

Thanks. It looks pretty slick.

There are two features in Aqualung I really couldn't live without:

1) In CDs that have songs run together (think Dark Side of the Moon)
there is no break (or there doesn't have to be) between the songs when
Aqualung plays there.

2) The Music Store part of Aqualung is really great. It manages your
collection like you would, by Artist, Title and Song. You can add
whole CDs, or everythign by an Artist, or a single song. It's very
nice. Just today the developers released a new version (0.163.1 I
think) that now supports multiple Music Stores, so you can have a rock
store, a classical store, etc. Very nice.