[PlanetCCRMA] Editing and rendering subtitles for video

David Fraser davidf@sjsoft.com
Tue Oct 11 00:54:01 2005

spumux is great - basically to use a srt file you have to construct a
little xml file to configure the file, font etc.
Also the video needs to be in mpeg2 but this is fine as you can do it
straight off the DVD.
It actually outputs the subtitles to a separate video stream , but I
think if neccessary most players will handle this or I can try merge it

Thanks a lot for the link!