[PlanetCCRMA] Intel Wireless

Mon Oct 10 10:02:01 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-10 at 00:16 +0800, Robert Jonkman wrote:
> Hi again.
>
> I've been trying to get my wireless working with the Planet CCRMA edge
> kernel on FC4.  I have the intel/proset 2200BG.  I've downloaded the
> firmware and installed it into /lib/firmware and I'm currently trying to
> install the driver.  When I go to make the driver, it complains that it
> can't find ieee80211.h.  I'm assuming this is because I don't have the
> kernel source installed.  I've downloaded the appropriate rpm from the
> planet ftp site, however I'm unable to install it.  Here's the message I
> get:
>
> [root@localhost moefoe]# rpm -Uvh kernel-2.6.12-0.21.rdt.src.rpm
> warning: kernel-2.6.12-0.21.rdt.src.rpm: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY,
> key ID 68d9802a
> error: cannot create %sourcedir /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES
>
> Am I missing something?

You are missing the rpm-build package. If you want to build stuff you
will also want to install the development tools (compilers and so on and
so forth).

But it looks like the kernel module you need is already there?

/lib/modules/2.6.12-0.21.rdt.rhfc4.ccrma/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/ipw2200/ipw2200.ko

-- Fernando