[PlanetCCRMA] Editing and rendering subtitles for video

David Fraser davidf@sjsoft.com
Mon Oct 10 08:12:01 2005

Hi all

A friend of mine is wanting to edit subtitles for movies, and then
render them onto a movie that can be played on windows machines...
I found quite a few apps that will allow the editing of subtitles
(Ksubtitle seemed fairly good) but am struggling with the rendering.
Basically he just wants the text overlayed on top of the video image. I
tried to see if this could be done with cinelerra by creating text
images, but it seemed too much work.
Has anybody got any hints / tips on the best way to do this using free
software?

David