[PlanetCCRMA] FC4 question

Item State itemstatechanged@yahoo.de
Mon Oct 10 06:15:02 2005

hello,

i'm new to the list and quite new to linux, forgive me
if my questions are malformed. we have recently set up
a computer with fedora core 4. i understand that
planet ccrma officially supports only fc3, but i see
that a lot of rpms are available also for fc4.

i have successfully installed jack, supercollider, pd,
ardour, and get sound out of a hammerfall dsp. however
especially with supercollider, there are drop-outs
when i move a window or hectically move the mouse, so
i guess that's because we are not running jack in the
proper realtime thread (i'm using a "normal" user
account). i understand that there are kernel patches
which allows one to run jack and supercollider in a
higher priority thread that should prevent "xruns" in
jack.

now i'm using "yum" to install rpms. for example "yum
install ardour" works totally fine. only i don't find
a package for "yum install planetccrma-core" (which as
far as i understand installs the improved realtime
kernel patches). i've seen an archived mail that
suggests to use a package "planetccrma-core-edge"
instead. is that what we shall do?

thanks a lot for your help + thanks especially for
providing this excellent rpm service!

best, -sciss-