[PlanetCCRMA] Most stable CCRMA with all audio video apps

Spec specialaka@blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Oct 9 18:15:02 2005

Tracey wrote:

> Well, I tried a few things from the gem examples and realized how much I don't know  ;)
> This all confuses me down the path that gem and the open-gl drivers/libraries may be a little messed up?
> Sorry I can't help you more.
> Tracey.

Thanks Tracey, that at least confirmed that its something weird in pd/gem/opengl/nvidia combi. not just on my box, its a question of which fork of pd to use maybe, and opengl library versions?  But it doesnt lock up so bad for me in xfce (and jack works better).  Gnome has too many hooks I think and that doubly confuses things.  Anyway, I've learnt a few things and beginning to appreciate importance of a distro. and not just forcing rpm uninstalls to upgrade to self compiled later versions and not keeping stuff in step as old compiled files use new libraries (possibly with errors/changes)

I think I'll wait to do upgrade to FC4 for a bit until 'nando and the team get it fully up and working :)  Thanks again CCRMA peeps.