[PlanetCCRMA] Most stable CCRMA with all audio video apps

Spec specialaka@blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Oct 8 16:47:02 2005

>Spec wrote:

>>> Could anyone say which is the best fedora core to use or should I go all
>>> the way back to RH9, I want to use PD and gem, and cinelerra (that sort
>>> of compiles and almost works....) in fact the full set of CCRMA packages
>>> and the nvidia drivers (which one is stable?) for dual head tv out and
>>> 3d accel.
>

> Hi, we run the nvidia drivers here on FC3 (nvidia-1.0-7667 using the 2.6.12-0.21.rdt.rhfc3.ccrma kernel).
>
> The last fedora 3 updates that came from the planet had a bunch of xorg updates.  This new xorg has it's
> own open-gl libraries that will over-write the nvidia ones.
>
> We needed to reinstall the nvidia driver after the latest xorg update just to get things working properly
> again.  I'm not sure if any of this affects your problem, but I thought I should mention it.
>
> Tracey.

Thnks, that solved a puzzle I had that opengl was working with nv driver using glxgears, then I uninstalled (or installed or something) nvidia driver and it wasnt there anymore when I tried to go back to nv for a test...??? some dependency loop I got into I think, just put nvidia back on, but pd/gem still is a bit unstable... could you check the gem example in 01. basic folder called 08. model and see if that crashes one of your nvidia pc's you have to use it a bit first rotate/resize.  Still on 2.6.11 kernel here.  I dont have any other problems, even cinelerra seems to work, and wolfet works which I reckon is a good opengl driver test.