[PlanetCCRMA] Most stable CCRMA with all audio video apps

Tracey Hytry shakti@bayarea.net
Fri Oct 7 18:22:01 2005

Spec wrote:

> Could anyone say which is the best fedora core to use or should I go all
> the way back to RH9, I want to use PD and gem, and cinelerra (that sort
> of compiles and almost works....) in fact the full set of CCRMA packages
> and the nvidia drivers (which one is stable?) for dual head tv out and
> 3d accel.

Hi, we run the nvidia drivers here on FC3 (nvidia-1.0-7667 using the 2.6.12-0.21.rdt.rhfc3.ccrma kernel).

The last fedora 3 updates that came from the planet had a bunch of xorg updates.  This new xorg has it's own open-gl libraries that will over-write the nvidia ones.

We needed to reinstall the nvidia driver after the latest xorg update just to get things working properly again.  I'm not sure if any of this affects your problem, but I thought I should mention it.

Tracey.