[PlanetCCRMA] Pulling USB cable on FC2 machine causes keyboard and network to crash...

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Thu Mar 31 10:31:01 2005

Hi,
   In the process of cleaning the house this morning my wife pulled
the USB cable going to an external USB to Optical device we use. I had
assumed  that this would be OK to do. After that the keyboard was
dead. I couldn't get to the machine through the network so apparently
ndiswrapper got harmed also. Hotplugging the keyboard itself didn't
help. Since the power switch does a reasonable shutdown operation we
rebooted and everything is up and running again.

   Has anyone else seen this? The USB device is card 1. The onboard
sound chip is card 0.

   I haven't tried repeating as of yet.

Thanks,
Mark