[PlanetCCRMA] Failure starting ALSA with an MAudio Delta 66

Brad Fuller brad@sonaural.com
Thu Mar 31 10:26:01 2005

--------------050701000208030409030706

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

>On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 07:13, Brad Fuller wrote:
>

>>Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

>>>Meaning that the kernel module for the card is loaded and the card is
>>>seen by envy24control? If so, you just probably need to store the state
>>>of the mixer (some settings and/or controls may have changed in the new
>>>alsa). Do:
>>>  /usr/sbin/alsactl store
>>>And then:
>>>  /usr/sbin/alsactl restore
>>>It should not complain anymore...
>>>

>>Just want to add that I also have a Delta66 and have the same problem.
>>I've done the store/restore but still it doesn't remember.
>>I too receive the following error when restarting alsa:
>>
>>Restoring sound driver settings /usr/sbin/alsactl:
>>load_state:1272: No soundcards found... [FAILED]
>>
>>This seems to be a msg that should go to the ALSA dist list.
>>

>Have you tried to redo the mixer state from scratch? Delete or move away
>/etc/asound.state, then fire your mixer, get the settings done and
>"/usr/bin/alsactl store".
>
>-- Fernando

just tried what you suggested. no change.

/usr/sbin/alsactl store and restore work fine, though.

--------------050701000208030409030706

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 07:13, Brad Fuller wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 19:09, Brent Durbin wrote:

      </pre>
        <pre wrap="">Hi All,
I'm new to the whole Linux Audio thing and was hoping you could help
me out.  I installed FC3 on my system that has a MAudio Delta 66 card.
 I installed the PlanetCCRMA stuff and updated to the Planet Edge so I
could get ALSA 1.0.8.  When I do and alsasound restart I get:
Shutting down sound driver                                 [  OK  ]
Starting sound driver snd-ice1712                          [  OK  ]
Starting sequencer                                         [  OK  ]
Restoring sound driver settings /usr/sbin/alsactl: load_state:1267: No
soundcards found...
                                                           [FAILED]

Can anyone give me a clue as to what I should look at to figure out
what is wrong?  Could it be a problem with /etc/modprobe.conf?  Here
are the relevant lines:
alias snd-card-0 snd-ice1712
options snd-card-0 index=0
install snd-ice1712 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-ice1712 &amp;&amp;
/usr/sbin/alsactl restore &gt;/dev/null 2&gt;&amp;1 || :
remove snd-ice1712 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store &gt;/dev/null 2&gt;&amp;1 || : ; };
/sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-ice1712

Also, envy24control starts, so I am pretty sure that I'm using the
correct kernel.

        </pre>
      <pre wrap="">Meaning that the kernel module for the card is loaded and the card is
seen by envy24control? If so, you just probably need to store the state
of the mixer (some settings and/or controls may have changed in the new
alsa). Do:
  /usr/sbin/alsactl store
And then:
  /usr/sbin/alsactl restore
It should not complain anymore...

      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Just want to add that I also have a Delta66 and have the same problem.
I've done the store/restore but still it doesn't remember.
I too receive the following error when restarting alsa:

Restoring sound driver settings /usr/sbin/alsactl:
load_state:1272: No soundcards found... [FAILED]

This seems to be a msg that should go to the ALSA dist list.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Have you tried to redo the mixer state from scratch? Delete or move away
/etc/asound.state, then fire your mixer, get the settings done and
"/usr/bin/alsactl store".

-- Fernando
  </pre>
just tried what you suggested. no change.<br>
/usr/sbin/alsactl store and restore work fine, though.<br>

--------------050701000208030409030706--