[PlanetCCRMA] MIDI sequencer init problem (2.6.11-0.3.rdt.rhfc3.ccrma)

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Wed Mar 30 13:24:01 2005

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 12:37:11 -0800, Brad Fuller <brad@sonaural.com> wrote:

> would work and the MIDI stuff would be 1. Would that be worth a try? Flip
> the two numbers in your modprobe.conf file and restart alsa or reboot. I did
> it and it worked. I just flipped them around and restarted ALSA and the 8x8
> showed up.
>
>  Thanks - I appreciate your help!
>

>  BTW, for others reference: Originally, when restarting ALSA:
>
>  =====
>  #/etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound start
>  Starting sound driver snd-ice1712                          [  OK  ]
>  Starting sound driver snd-usb-audio                        [  OK  ]
>  Starting sequencer                                         [  OK  ]
>  =====
>
>  which I thought, ok, I have the sequencer -- no problem. But, now I have:
>
>  =====
>  #/etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound start
>  Starting sound driver snd-ice1712                          [  OK  ]
>  Starting sound driver snd-usb-audio                        [  OK  ]
>  Starting sequencer                                         [  OK  ]
>  Starting sequencer driver snd-seq-midi                     [  OK  ]
>  =====
>
>  which obviously makes all the difference.
>
>  Thanks again Mark and Fernando!
>
>  brad

Glad it worked. I've had a couple of problems like this in the past. I
tried to run a machine with only MIDI and no sound cards but had
problems. I've also tried it the way you were doing it and had
problems. I'm guessing that the Alsa setup scripts are assumign that
all systems have sound cards so the USB stuff assumes taht stuff is
loaded.

Who knows. I'm not that smart. just glad this worked.

Cheers,
Mark