[PlanetCCRMA] Need Assistance: How do I save the settings for Tuning the Hard Disks?

Cassandra Cooper Cassandra.Cooper@ers.state.tx.us
Mon Mar 28 15:16:01 2005

sorry.  I mean: '/etc/sysconfig'

Regards,

Cassandra Cooper,
Web Systems Administrator
ERS of Texas
Office:  512.867.7280
Email:  cassandra.cooper@ers.state.tx.us
Email Pager: cassandra.cooper@my2way.com
Phone Pager:  512.625.4523

On Mon, 2005-03-28 at 14:38, Cassandra Cooper wrote:
> I am following the instructions for "Tuning the System" on planetccrma
> site.  I want to save these settings:
> /sbin/hdparm -c 3 -d 1 -m 16 -A1 /dev/hda.
>
> The instructions state: "Once you are satisfied with the optimization
> you have selected you can change the /etc/sysconfig/harddisks
> configuration file to put your selected options there so they are
> activated automatically when you boot the computer".  However, there
> is no directory '/sysconfig' with 'harddisks' inside.

Is that a typo? It should be '/etc/sysconfig', not just '/sysconfig'
-- Fernando