[PlanetCCRMA] Need Assistance: How do I save the settings for Tuning the Hard Disks?

Cassandra Cooper Cassandra.Cooper@ers.state.tx.us
Mon Mar 28 14:54:01 2005

I am following the instructions for "Tuning the System" on planetccrma site.  I want to save these settings:
/sbin/hdparm -c 3 -d 1 -m 16 -A1 /dev/hda.

The instructions state: "Once you are satisfied with the optimization you have selected you can change the /etc/sysconfig/harddisks configuration file to put your selected options there so they are activated automatically when you boot the computer".  However, there is no directory '/sysconfig' with 'harddisks' inside.

The same is true for the CDrom drive.

I am running Fedora Core 2, How can I store these settings to optimize my drives?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Cassandra Cooper,
Web Systems Administrator