[PlanetCCRMA] system knock out ccrma/FC3

jan hendrik brueggemeier jan@pingfm.org
Sun Mar 20 08:59:02 2005

dear list,

i am using ccrma/FC3 on my labtop and am really clueless, but at the
moment i am experiencing regular system crash if it gets to audio.

hardware: targa visionary 110 (toshiba clone) with 1,1 ghz cpu.
kernel: 2.6.10-0.6.rdt.rhfc3.ccrma
distribution: fedora 3

apps like pd, mixx, beast simply stuck and causing a reboot of the whole
system. no matter if jack is running aside or not.

on the hand does ardour and audacity work fine, also if jack is running
aside or not.

i am kind of fed up with it and i wonder if i shall downgrade to fedora 2,
downgrade kerenel? or what else would let me see progress in my audio-work
(aside spending money and effort in mac OS X ;) ?

any advice is very appreciated and thanks for the efooert in advance.

cheers,

jan

..........pingfm.....141.54.160.48 ... .. . .
live audio/video, everysunday from 20:00 CET/GMT +1
at http://pingfm.org, irc-net-chat: #pingfm