[PlanetCCRMA] emi26

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Wed Mar 2 05:19:01 2005

Karsten,
   I do not know for sure, and fortunately I've never had to do this
myself, but I think the SRPM for the Alsa RPM package you need is
downloadable from the Planet. My suspicion is that you would get this
SRPM, install it, but it, and then the output would be a newer RPM
which you would install over the top of the one you have on your
machine right now.

   This is all a guess so please don't do too much in this direction
until you get better instructions. I cannot give them, but I think
this has come up before for other cards and it's been handled more or
less this way. I was in this state a couple of years ago with my HDSP
9652.

   Most likely Fernando will enable your card in some upcoming Alsa
release and you'll be handled more automatically.

Cheers,
Mark