[PlanetCCRMA] Java question

Shayne O'Connor forums@machinehasnoagenda.com
Tue Mar 1 16:55:32 2005

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

>On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 15:53, Mark Knecht wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>   On a Morningstar page I get a message
>>
>>"This page contains information of a type (application/x-java-vm) that
>>can only be viewed with the appropriate Plug-in."
>>
>>What do people install on a FC2/Planet system to get past this? If you
>>can please do an "rpm -qa | grep whatever" so I can hopefully find it
>>more easily.
>>

>Dag's repository has java packages for mozilla, see:
>
>  http://dag.wieers.com/packages/j2re/
>
>That will require the j2re packages that he also hosts. You can download
>directly from the above page or add the proper apt urls and download
>them through apt or synaptic (but I would disable the dag urls after you
>explicitly install what you need).
>
>-- Fernando

also, check out this page:

http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialMozillaConfiguration.html

this gives instructions on how to install the j2re packages from Sun,
and also, how to enable java plugin within mozilla/firefox ... for
*ages* i thought i wasn't able to use my internet banking on
linux/firefox, but then i found that page, which shows how to enable
java plugin (plus all other plugins like realplayer, flash etc) and
register protocols ... very informative.

shayne