[PlanetCCRMA] DiGi9652 or HDSP9652 ?

Michele Spinolo michele.spinolo@tin.it
Tue Mar 1 06:16:03 2005

> It's primarily the hardware mixer (and MIDI support) than makes the
> hdsp9652 different from the Hammerfall. With the Hammerfall there is
> no mixing and all level setting must be done using alsa commands.

Hi Mark,

I am back again on this topic because it seems quite difficult to find a
used HDSP9652 for a reasonable price, while used DiGi9652 are considerably
cheaper.
So what do you mean by "alsa commands"? Do you mean using alsamixer to set
channel level, muting, etc?

I won't use any mixing function, all I need is to set levels at max level,
taking 6 channels from ADAT input at 24bit/48Khz and outputting 6 (or more)
channels at 24bit/48Khz from ADAT output after BruteFir convolution.
I will probably use in near future wordclock out too to sync with a ADI-8
Pro, but I think both HDSP and DiGi allow this feature.

What about syncing more than one DiGi9652 card? Do you know if is it
possible?

Thank you very much!
Best regards,
Michele Spinolo