[PlanetCCRMA] Rosegarden 0.9.91 hangs

Mon Jan 31 23:35:00 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-30 at 18:07, Frode Petersen wrote:
> Do any of you get Rosegarden 4 0.9.91 running? I get the splash, there
> are processes running according to the process list, and I have to
> manually kill the program.

I managed to repeat the problem, apparently Rosegarden is not happy at
all when started without the alsa sequencer loaded.

> Actually, I don't think this is Rosegarden's fault, but I just don't
> know where to start looking for a solution. I can start JACK with
> Qjackctl, though that program complains that it can't open ALSA
> sequencer as a client, so the midi patchbay won't be available.
> Then, as I start JACK through Qjackctl, the message window reports
> what's at the end of this message.

You can enable the alsasound startup script so that it loads the
sequencer kernel module at startup:
(as root)
  /sbin/chkconfig alsasound on
And you can start it manually:
  /etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound start
(or reboot)

Rosegarden should start fine once snd-seq is loaded (at least it did
here).

-- Fernando