[PlanetCCRMA] PlanetCCRMA or FC original kernels?

Sun Jan 30 17:47:01 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-30 at 17:18, Frode Petersen wrote:
> I read in a message in this list's archive that kernel 2.6.10 onwards
> has the Ingo Molnar patches in them. Does this mean that only the rdt
> kernels are any different from the official FC ones?
>
> What is the difference if any?
>
> Is there an advantage from getting the kernels from PlanetCCRMA?

All kernels from Planet CCRMA include the realtime capabilities kernel
module. That allows you to use things like Jack with realtime scheduling
and memory locking without having to run them as root.

It is not currently possible to add that module to the standard Fedora
kernels because one of the configuration options conflicts with it.

-- Fernando