[PlanetCCRMA] RME Fireface

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Sun Jan 30 07:51:01 2005

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 15:56:48 +0100, Peter Baumgartner <peter@bssmusic.de> wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 30. Januar 2005 15:16 schrieb Mark Knecht:
> > Is it these? I'm not sure:
> >
> > http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/iso/3/
>
> No, that are the ones I have, but they install FC3 without apt, for what erver
> reason.

But I think apt is somethign you install if you follow the Planet flow:

http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/installtwosix.html#SECTION00020500000000000000

The specific command is here but please read the instructions or
you'll mess things up.

rpm -Uvh http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/rpms/apt-0.5.15cnc6-2.rhfc3.ccrma.i386.rpm

> > As for 1394,
>
> Itīs even FW 800

Yes, even if it's 1394b (S800/S1600/S3200) There is no formal support
for 1394. For the last 3-6 months thee have been 1-2 people that
suggest it's coming but there's been no announcement of its arrival
TTBOMK.

> > there is no Firewire audio device support in Linux yet.
> > Sorry about that.
>
> Pooh, that means Nuendo again :-/
>
> Thanks nevertheless, iīll read on
> Peter