[PlanetCCRMA] FC2 2.6.10 lsm, and serialmidi problems

Crispin crispin@tropic.org.uk
Sun Jan 30 07:08:01 2005

Well, I've made the leap from RH9 to FC2, but seem to have twisted both
ankles on landing :(

1. I run muse, and all is fine at first, but after a few minutes of
operation, about 50 xruns occur at once.

Can anyone help with this?  The kernel is 2.6.10-0.2.rdt.rhfc2.ccrma,
soundcard is an sblive. chkconfig shows that rtload is indeed turned on.
jackstart complains that:
  jackstart: cannot get realtime capabilities, current capabilities are:
      =ep cap_setpcap-ep
   probably running under a kernel with capabilities disabled,
   a suitable kernel would have printed something like "=eip"
But I understand from the list archives that it's actually working
anyway.  Is this true and how can I check?
Muse, incidentally, also says
muse -P 80 -D
    mjsucaps: capsetp: Operation not permitted
I have set jackstart, qjackctl and muse to be suid root (just to be
sure). automount is also off, and the windowmanager is windowmaker.

2. I cannot load the snd-serialmidi module.  Apparently it contains
unknown symbols, specifically
snd-hidden-kcalloc
snd-hidden-kcfree
snd-verbose-printk

Any suggestions on either of these topics would be much appreciated! And
other than those things, it's all install fine btw.

Thanks in advance,

Crispin