[PlanetCCRMA] radeon 9700 fc3

Matthew Allen Matthew Allen <mtallen@gmail.com>
Fri Jan 28 09:31:01 2005

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 09:46:37 +0000, Steve Harris
<S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
> The BIOS takes care of it in extreme cases, but there was a plugin for
> gkrellm that allowed you to tune the APM fan temperatures, and I got it a
> lot better tuned that the BIOS default, so the fans kicked in
> independently, preventing the hurricane case of both fans on full blast.

So instead of ACPI you were using APM? I have to admit I am a bit of a
neophyte with these 2 (having only owned a laptop ofr a couple of
months). I assumed that APM had been deprecated in place of ACPI. In
either case I am personally to chicken to turn ACPI off, cuz I dont
want to burn a hole through my lap! I should give it a shot though,
betwene acpi and resierfs I think i am starting to track down some of
my xrun problems under 2.6.10

m.