[PlanetCCRMA] Why we we have to use Red Hat?

Wed Jan 26 13:13:36 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 11:27, Michael Jackson wrote:
> Why do we have to use Red Hat?

You don't :-) See:
  http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/faqs.html
There are similar projects for Debian, Slackware, Mandrake and so on and
so forth.

But if you want to use Planet CCRMA then RedHat or Fedora Core are the
only options so far.

> It seems alot to put on all those CD's.
> Isn't there a more slim-line way to create a audio linux system.

You mean, like a one cdrom thing? Sure, that would be nice indeed. But
that is not the way Planet CCRMA currently works... Planet CCRMA is
(currently) as set of packages that you install on top of a working
distro.

-- Fernando