[PlanetCCRMA] nvidia missing 3d

Rick B zajelo3@cfl.rr.com
Wed Jan 26 09:30:02 2005

marcelo schultes wrote:

> Hi ccrma users
> I've just built and installed nvidia drivers without any trouble.
> Edited XF86Config file as always, but it can't  run any 3d stuff
> here's what it say when i try tuxracer, i'm on rh9 - ccrma-kernel 2.4.26:
>
> [schultex@cm-net-poa-c8b016fc schultex]$ tuxracer
> Tux Racer 0.61 -- a Sunspire Studios Production
> (http://www.sunspirestudios.com)
> (c) 1999-2000 Jasmin F. Patry <jfpatry@sunspirestudios.com>
> "Tux Racer" is a trademark of Jasmin F. Patry
> Tux Racer comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software,
> and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.
> See http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html for details.
>
> Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
> Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
> *** tuxracer error: Couldn't initialize video: Couldn't find matching
> GLX visual
> (Success)
>

> any help will be usefull.
> Cheers
> Marcelo

    Which Nvidia driver? Which Nvidia card? I've had problems with the
newer Nvidia driver on my Ti4600 so I stay back at the 6111 driver. On
FC1 I had to install the 5328 driver first and then upgrade to the 6111
driver to get it to work though. On FC2 I can install 6111 without first
installing 5328. The newest driver (6629?) I can't get to work unless I
patch it, so I'm just staying at 6111 for right now.

                        Rick B