[PlanetCCRMA] planet on acer travelmate

sonar sonar@telaneos.com
Tue Jan 25 13:44:02 2005

Hi,

I got an acer travelmate with this soundcard

Intel Corp. 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) AC'97

Configured and recongnise by alsaconf,
Still I canīt start the sound-drivers

/etc/init.d/alsasound start
Starting sound driver snd-intel8x0                         [  OK  ]
Starting sound driver snd-intel8x0                         [  OK  ]
Starting sequencer                                         [  OK  ]
Restoring sound driver settings /usr/sbin/alsactl: load_state:1267: No
soundcards found...
                                                           [FAILED]

Fresh install on fc3

Strange that alsaconf sees and configure it and tells me after that no
soundcard is there ?
Any ideas what this could be ?

Thanx,

Eric,