[PlanetCCRMA] MMC/clock or MTC sync anyone?

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Mon Jan 24 14:36:00 2005

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 22:32:15 +0100, Louis van Dompselaar
<louis@dompselaar.org> wrote:
> > I did not, but when I try to it doesn't check for me. Can you check
> > this box? All the upper boxes say seq. REceive MIDI parameter contol
> > is red. The others won't check. Maybe I need to do something in
> > .ardourrc first?
>
> Yes, I got it checked.
> I removed all mention of direct midi ports in the .ardourcc, leaving only
> alsa/sequencer.  I could then link Ardour midi in to my midi port in
> qjackctl's connect window (I couldn't when the hardware ports were still
> listed in .ardourrc)
> After I had midi in connected, I could check the MMC box and select
> sync to MTC.

Hi,
   OK, I don't know what was going on earlier but I can check the box
now. At this point nothing worked, but stupid me didn't think about
connecting Ardour to the MIDI hardware in QJC. Thanks. With that hint
hitting start in Pro Tools starts the Ardour transport. However
hitting stop in Pro Tools does not stop Ardour. It just goes on
rolling.

   I also tried removing the two MIDI hardware lines in
.ardour/ardour.rc but in my case this had no effect. Ardour's
transport can be started by Pro Tools but not stopped. (So far...)

   Thanks for the hints. More welcomed if you have some to give!

Cheers,
Mark