[PlanetCCRMA] MMC/clock or MTC sync anyone?

Louis van Dompselaar louis@dompselaar.org
Mon Jan 24 11:49:01 2005

Is there any way of sync'ing Jack/Ardour to an external sequencer?

I tried this about a year back but found Ardour was highly erratic
with MIDI in.  Now it seems to have been dropped altogether (I can't
make MIDI connections to and from Ardour - they disappear from ALSA
right away).

I only have four inputs on my sound card, so I really need to record
in multiple passes and I'd rather do that without needing to get everything
in sync by hand afterwards ;-)
I really can't believe Ardour can't be sync'ed so I'm probably missing something
somewhere.

Louis