[PlanetCCRMA] Recording Click Track in Ardour

Joe Hartley jh@brainiac.com
Mon Jan 24 08:18:01 2005

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 18:27:37 -0800 (PST)
R Parker <rtp405@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Rick Sutphin <sutphinc@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> > When I try to record a click track on one track
> > (track 1), while
> > recording another track (track 2) the click is
> > recorded on both tracks.
> > Is there anyway to record the click on one track
> > only? Or do I have to
> > record a click track first, then add the other
> > tracks?
>
> You don't have to record the click track. See Options,
> Click and route it to an available
> alsa_pcm:playback_N.  Otherwise to figure out what's
> happening try using Qjackctl. It's a graphic interface
> for jackd that includes a patch/routing interface for
> hardware and user defined ports.

A side note here, it's INCREDIBLY helpful for me to have the click
as a regular Ardour track.  That way it's instantly available for
me to mix into headphones as I'm doing overdubs - I don't have to
bring up the options window, check the Click tab, then play with the
volume.

You shouldn't have to record the track separately, just make sure
the click output feeds just the Ardour track you've defined for it
and nothing else.