[PlanetCCRMA] FC3/apt.conf/sources.list question

Sat Jan 22 18:10:02 2005

]On Sat, 2005-01-22 at 06:52, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Fernando,
>    For FC3 machines how are the updated apt.conf & sources.list files
> supposed to get installed? It seems that the web site doesn't list
> this step anymore?
>
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/installtwosix.html
>
> If they are possibly now in the RPM itself then it isn't workign for
> me as this FC3 machine has a newer version of apt on it already so the
> rom doesn't install:

Yes, that is correct, they are in the apt package.

> [root@dragonfly ~]# rpm -Uvh
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/rpms/apt-0.5.15cnc6-2.rhfc3.ccrma.i386.rpm
> Retrieving http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/rpms/apt-0.5.15cnc6-2.rhfc3.ccrma.i386.rpm
> Preparing...                ########################################### [100%]
>         package apt-0.5.15cnc6-4.1.fc3.rf (which is newer than
> apt-0.5.15cnc6-2.rhfc3.ccrma) is already installed
> [root@dragonfly ~]#
>
>    If the files are supposed to be installed by hand like on earlier
> installs then could you point me toward the right files? I did not
> find it under what I guessed to be the equivalent path.
>
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/configuration/3/sources.list
>
>    If I need to remove the version of apt on this system and go back
> to your earlier version then that's fine but I probably need to know
> the right way to do it.

You can try installing the apt-planetccrma (undocumented as of now)
package, it only contains the configuration files for the Planet CCRMA
repository and will probably work with the apt you have:

  apt-get install apt-planetccrma

I'm not sure if that's the name I'll keep for that particular package
and that's why I have not made it "official" yet.

-- Fernando