[PlanetCCRMA] FC3/apt.conf/sources.list question

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Sat Jan 22 06:54:01 2005

Fernando,
   For FC3 machines how are the updated apt.conf & sources.list files
supposed to get installed? It seems that the web site doesn't list
this step anymore?

http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/installtwosix.html

If they are possibly now in the RPM itself then it isn't workign for
me as this FC3 machine has a newer version of apt on it already so the
rom doesn't install:

[root@dragonfly ~]# rpm -Uvh
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/rpms/apt-0.5.15cnc6-2.rhfc3.ccrma.i386.rpm
Retrieving http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/rpms/apt-0.5.15cnc6-2.rhfc3.ccrma.i386.rpm
Preparing...                ########################################### [100%]
        package apt-0.5.15cnc6-4.1.fc3.rf (which is newer than
apt-0.5.15cnc6-2.rhfc3.ccrma) is already installed
[root@dragonfly ~]#

   If the files are supposed to be installed by hand like on earlier
installs then could you point me toward the right files? I did not
find it under what I guessed to be the equivalent path.

http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/configuration/3/sources.list

   If I need to remove the version of apt on this system and go back
to your earlier version then that's fine but I probably need to know
the right way to do it.

Thanks in advance,
Mark