[PlanetCCRMA] ladcca server start-up

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Wed Jan 19 12:13:01 2005

On 19 Jan 2005 11:59:33 -0800, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano
<nando@ccrma.stanford.edu> wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 11:37, Mark Knecht wrote:
> > Hi,
> >    I'm trying to run the ladcca server and then eventually Jack-Rack
> > talking to it. The ladcca web page talks about running the app
> > ladcca_control which fails in my case:
> >
> > [mark@Godzilla mark]$ ladcca_control
> > cca_open_socket: could not connect to host 'localhost', service '14541'
> > cca_init: could not connect to server 'localhost' - disabling ladcca
> > main: could not initialise ladcca
> > [mark@Godzilla mark]$
> >

> > Jack was running when I did this.
> >
> > Is this a case of having to add a specific ID to /etc/services to
> > support ladcca somehow connecting to localhost? I don't know much of
> > anything about that sort of thing.
>
> I think you need to run ladccad (the server) in much the same way you
> run jackd for jack. Without the server up and running the clients don't
> have anything to connect to.
>
> -- Fernando

Right. OK, it looks like I made a mistake earlier trying to start the
ladcca server as root when Jack was running as mark. Now:

[mark@Godzilla mark]$ ladccad
Connected to JACK server with client name 'LADCCA_Server'
Opened ALSA sequencer with client ID 129
Listening for connections

and...

[mark@Godzilla mark]$ ladcca_control

LADCCA Control 0.4.0

Connected to server Godzilla

(no project) >

and in a third terminal:

[mark@Godzilla mark]$ jack-rack
Use of deprecated SAXv1 function internalSubset
plugin_mgr_get_object_file_plugins: error opening shared object file
'/usr/lib/ladspa/jamincont_1912.la':
/usr/lib/ladspa/jamincont_1912.la: invalid ELF header
plugin_mgr_get_object_file_plugins: error opening shared object file
'/usr/lib/ladspa/blop_files': /usr/lib/ladspa/blop_files: cannot read
file data: Is a directory
Plugin 1952 exists in both '/usr/lib/ladspa/vco_sawpulse.so' and
'/usr/lib/ladspa/blvco.so'; using version in
'/usr/lib/ladspa/vco_sawpulse.so'
Plugin 1953 exists in both '/usr/lib/ladspa/vco_sawpulse.so' and
'/usr/lib/ladspa/blvco.so'; using version in
'/usr/lib/ladspa/vco_sawpulse.so'
Plugin 1954 exists in both '/usr/lib/ladspa/vco_sawpulse.so' and
'/usr/lib/ladspa/blvco.so'; using version in
'/usr/lib/ladspa/vco_sawpulse.so'

and the error messages are gone.

So things seem to work and this makes sense as it will want everything
to be used by one person. (Or group?)

Anyway, making some progress now even if I don't know how to really
use it yet. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks,
Mark