[PlanetCCRMA] Recommendations for Athlon Board for CCRMA (ARRGH!!!! #@$#$&^%# BioStar Board)

Louis van Dompselaar louis@dompselaar.org
Fri Jan 14 03:42:02 2005

[louis@babylero ~]$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 6
model           : 10
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2800+
stepping        : 0
cpu MHz         : 2085.990

on an MSI KT6V board.

Running FC3 plus the Planet.  It is my day-to-day work machine, so it
is usually running xterms and Firefox.  But I haven't had any trouble
running Planet apps now and again, although I haven't tried anything
CPU intensive (I think).  But nothing has crashed so far.  Timestamp on
/etc/fedora-release says it was installed Nov 1.

I did do an hour of 96kHz/24-bit input->Jack->output pass through
last week without problems using my Delta 44.  Dunno of that says
anything.

Memory brand I should check, don't know off hand.  I have a SATA disk
(that's why I need FC2 or FC3, FC1 doesn't even see the controller).

Louis