[PlanetCCRMA] multi card fc2

Steve Harris S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Jan 14 02:42:02 2005

On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 01:36:30PM +0800, mjnoble wrote:
> no problem there as the cards are the same and have an internal sync
> cable for multi card configurations.
>
> I think I now need to take some time to figure how modprobe.conf,
> alsactl, envy24control, .asoundrc and asound.state interact to load the
> driver and settings at boot, and what I should do to get the
> two-cards-as-one setup going.  I'm also a little unclear as to how Jack
> handles multiple cards without setting them up as one using the
> referenced script.  at the moment it's not entirely clearly, though the
> man pages for these and the alsa wiki are helping.  If anybody can point
> me to a tutorial or webpage detailing how all these get along I would be
> much appreciated.  Otherwise, I'll keep looking and post back if I come
> to any enlightenment...

JACK will only handle them via alsa pretending that they are a single
virtual card. Some people have had problems with this, the sync has to be
very tight to avoid problems, and it isn't always on consumer cards.

On the Delta cards it requires some driver support IIUC, and I dont think
M-Audio released the specs for the link.

If the link is wordclock based, you should be OK.

- Steve