[PlanetCCRMA] envy24control error

mjnoble not8ohm@iinet.net.au
Thu Jan 13 07:48:03 2005

hi folks

not sure if this is the place to ask, but envy24control won't run on my
EWS88D card.  I've stripped back the system to just the one card and a
minimal FC2 install, which seems to have "taken" for want of a better
term.  The CCRMA kernel reboots ok, but when I attempt to run
envy24control i get the following error:

envy24control: seq.c:3752: snd_seq_event_output_buffer: Assertion `seq
&& ev' failed.
Aborted

I haven't bothered installing any applications as without a decent mixer
I can't make head or tails of which ins and outs are active or not (in
alsamixer there are about 50 or so sliders all with cryptic labels that
mean very little to me considering the card only has the adat and spdif
i/o and two cdrom inputs.)

cheers
michael