[PlanetCCRMA] alsa updates?

mjnoble not8ohm@iinet.net.au
Wed Jan 12 01:47:01 2005

hi,

I've been trying to get my machine happy with CCRMA, but I'm finding
some of the advanced features of my Terratec EWS88d cards (ie adat i/o
routing) are only available as of ALSA 1.07.  It appears that on FC1 at
least, CCRMA Alsa in only at 1.04.  Am I correct in assuming that if I
want a later version of Alsa I'm on my own?  Is anybody onlist running
later versions of Alsa (what version are say the FC2 or FC3 CCRMA
kernels running)?  Any advice on using bleeding edge Alsa with the rest
of the CCRMA stuff?  Finally, this is one for you Fernando.  Planning on
releasing any Alsa updates anytime soon?

regards

Michael Noble