[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora Core 3 and CCRMA

Tue Jan 11 12:44:01 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 12:47, Dave Phillips wrote:
>   I'm having an interesting time setting up PlanetC/FC3. I can't get the
> envy24control mixer to start (details later)

There is a problem with that (popular) chipset and 1.0.7-1.cvs (the
packaged alsa that's part of fc3/2 packages). I'm working on 1.0.8rc2
packages...

> and I can't find alsactl (I assume it's still a part of ALSA?).

Try /usr/sbin/alsactl (it may not be in your path).

> No fear, I'm just starting to get
> into, and I don't have email set up in it yet (so I'm writing from RH9
> now). Anyway, I wanted to let you know that the disc images worked fine
> on installation, I'll hack at it a little more this evening and get a
> better report to you tomorrow.

Let us know...
We'll be hitting little problems for a while I think. The fact that
decent 2.6.x kernels are a fairly recent development means that fc2/3
have not really been tested a lot :-)

-- Fernando