[PlanetCCRMA] hdsp in fc3

Tue Jan 11 08:43:01 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 00:21, jonathan segel wrote:
> i'm having  a problem setting up the hdsp multiface in fc3. the
> hdsploader loads the firmware, hdspmixer opens (and has the first 7
> input channels reading levels, for whatever reason).
> but. despite modprobe.conf and .asoundrc showing snd-hdsp as hw0, when
> i boot jack via qjackctl using hw0, it's opening the internal intel810.
> in qjackctl, hw1 is a one channel thing (alsaconf found 3 cards, third
> is the modem i think.)

I saw this on a student's laptop here at ccrma. I don't think we figured
out exactly why that was happening.

You could cheat by telling qjackctl to open the third card (or whatever
is the number the rme lands on). At least for all Jack apps that should
work fine.

> i alsaconf'd to set up hdsp. alsamixer opens the intel810 only.
> am i missing something?

Alsamixer can be told to open other cards by the "-c" parameter.

> i put my old modules.conf in /etc too just for
> laughs, but no help.

Yeah, that should not make a difference, the new module utilities for
2.6.x look at /etc/modprobe.conf.

> i managed to mess up things more of course, my old fc1 partition is now
> /hda5, but i can't figure out how to boot into it. the entry in
> grub.conf is never right...

I don't know enough, you could of course boot with rescue mode, and
reinstall grub pointing to the right device (I guess).

-- Fernando