[PlanetCCRMA] ceres3 in fc3

Fri Jan 7 12:46:02 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 12:32, jonathan segel wrote:
> getting that fc3-ccrma box up and at 'em.
> resintalled from isos ( on a new drive, in fact) and then apt and
> synaptic. updated planetccrma-core. added lots of apps via synaptic (no
> apt planetccrma-audioapps yet...?)
> two notes:
> ceres3 won't install as it depends on sndplay whcih won't install (?)

Rats, I think I have not released snd or clm which both provide sndplay.
I'll try to do that today.

> when i installed the system, i used the auto-partition and grub and
> such. i have another drive in the computer (hdc) which has my old
> planet-ccrma on it. fstab is weird now. it has Vol00 ... etc.  for all
> hda parts, when i try to add hdc2 to fstab and mount /dev/hdc2 it
> claims something about Vol00... something is already spoken for.
> i'm guessing this is udev stuff. i guess i need to read more...

I don't think that's udev. When you do automatic partitioning fc3 uses
lvm (logical volume manager) to do all the partitioning stuff. I have
not tried it myself but I have used lvm in servers I manage. Most
probably you don't want to touch /etc/fstab unless you understand how
lvm is being used (it introduces an extra layer - it makes it easy to
change size of partitions after the fact, even spanning multiple disks).

-- Fernando