[PlanetCCRMA] New Install For FC3

Pasi Karppinen pasi.karppinen@pp6.inet.fi
Thu Jan 6 03:18:01 2005

Thank you very much - this is absolutely great news and what a great
time to announce this!

I was running Planet CCRMA (FC 1) on Pentium II 400MHz with M-Audio
Delta 66 for a couple of months just to get to know Linux audio apps and
to see if I can learn to use them. Well, Planet CCRMA was such a
fantastic experience (everything just worked, from Evolution MK-249C USB
midi keyboard to my soundcard) that I realized I can do anything with it
and I also realized that I need a new computer to be able to fully
utilize it.

So, just 2 days ago I upgraded my computer to a 3.2GHz Pentium 4 that
supports hyperthreading. Yesterday I was trying to install Planet CCRMA
on Fedora Core 1, but it was devastating to see that for some reason FC
1 was unstable with this Pentium 4 and I couldn't get it installed. I
was experiencing strange lock-ups - for example when I tried to upgrade
the kernel to Planet CCRMA kernel, the computer just froze while doing
rpm -i.

Then - not more than some 12 hours ago I just thought 'Well, I will
install Fedora Core 3 and wait until Planet CCRMA supports it'. And now
I read this :) This is great! I will give it a try now! I hope I can get
it working with hyperthreading enabled.

Thank you!