[PlanetCCRMA] Which audiocard?

Louis van Dompselaar louis@dompselaar.org
Wed Jan 5 00:49:17 2005

Hi all

As I am (finally) looking to give my Linux box a better audio card
I'm curious to know what the current state is.
I haven't seen any significant compatibility problems pass through
this list, other than for USB and Firewire cards, for some time.

I use an E-Mu 1212m on my Windows box with reasonable satisfaction
(great card, mediocre drivers), but these don't seem to be supported
at all.  Within my budget is the M-Audio Delta 44 (currently 149 euros),
which I always understood to be pretty well supported under Linux.
Any other suggestions?

regards
Louis