[PlanetCCRMA] Muse messages from Planet version

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Sat Feb 26 12:51:00 2005

Hi Fernando,
   I'm getting some messages from Muse as installed by the Planet:

[mark@Godzilla mark]$ muse
mjsucaps: capsetp: Operation not permitted

no locale <muse_en_US.UTF-8>/</usr/share/muse/locale>
starting with default template
cca_open_socket: could not connect to host 'localhost', service '14541'
cca_init: could not connect to server 'localhost' - disabling ladcca
[mark@Godzilla mark]$

I asked on the Muse list and the second two (split apart above) are
not of any concern but the first one is strange. Is this pointing to
some issue with capabilities? If so is this a Muse issue or and issue
with the kernel I'm running?

The Muse developers suggested building without LADCCA support as
apparently it either doesn't work or doesn't work well.

One other strange thing is that on two Planet machines here when I
exit Muse the machine starts a second copy. One machine I have doesn't
do this. Have you or anyone else here seen this? All of my machines
are FC2 and equally up to date.

Thanks,
Mark