[PlanetCCRMA] Re: PlanetCCRMA digest, Vol 1 #1140 - 7 msgs

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Thu Feb 24 12:21:02 2005

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:09:04 +0100, Michele Spinolo
<michele.spinolo@tin.it> wrote:
> > I have successfully used the z-systems detangler for that (multiple
> > spdif <-> single adat), see:
> >   http://www.z-sys.com/pp_routing.html
> >
> > -- Fernando
>
> Thank you very much Fernando!
>
> It could be a good idea, but I have to manage pcm signals up to 24bit/96Khz
> which ADAT can't :-(

Bummer. Actually RME does handle 24-bit 96KHz audio thorugh bonding.
Half the number of channels but all the data gets through.
Unfortunately my 96KHz Pro Tools harware doesn't support bonding and
turns off the ADAT interface when I run 96KHz sessions.

Wish I had a good answer for you.

- Mark