[PlanetCCRMA] Jack, Jackd and realtime problem

Ben Cohen benedict1000@yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 18 05:07:01 2005

Hello all,

I think I'm having a problem with Jack. I use the
jackd server but when I have the realtime box checked
in qjackctl amsynth doesn't start.

Here's the jack message:
12:19:41.406 MIDI connection graph change.
subgraph starting at qjackctl-4757 timed out
(subgraph_wait_fd=17, status = 0, state = Finished)
12:19:41.445 Audio connection graph change.
12:19:41.446 XRUN callback (5).
**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 8.616 msecs

>From what I can gather realtime priority is a must for
good audio performance so I any help on solving this
would be great.

I'm using kernel 2.6.10-2.1.ll.rhfc3.ccrma.

This is the second time I've had problems with amsynth
- it always amazes me how an inanimate object can get
someone (i.e. me) so frustated!

Cheers
Benedict